Skip to content

The revolution will not be televised

February 17, 2015

Yesterday, Scott’s car started. It doesn’t seem like much. It might have otherwise been an ordinary day. However, it’s been parked in the driveway for almost a year now and we weren’t sure that it would. (When we he arrived, we became a two-car family.) We barely use one car, and never found a use for two. He gave it to his sister. It was deeply covered in snow. Ironically, we’ve been using the parking spot allocated to the downstairs apartment for his car. The previous tenants did not have a car. We’ll get keys to the basement in a few days.

I continue to improve on the methatrexate. In recent weeks, I’ve been able to knit and sew, as well as follow simple patterns such as the clutch purse and the cat’s hoodie. A few days ago, I had the dexterity to pull a tissue pattern for a blouse from its sleeve and was almost able to keep a grip on it.Screen Shot 2015-02-17 at 7.43.48 AM

Books remain elusive. I can’t grip pages well enough to turn them. Yes, I could read them online, but that’s not what they’re about for me. The assistive devices I ordered did not work out. Our basement suite will have a Book Nook and a recording studio. Scott aspires to podcast and he’s been equipping for the task.

I’ve been paying attention to things that make me feel good. In particular, the energy at the music studio is upbeat. I am now taking voice lessons. We’ve all created personalized playlists, and making music is something we can do alone or together.

Also, I have flown to the fabric store several times in the past few weeks. It is a happy place for me too. Being sensitive to both water and nickel have affected the way I present myself most of the time. I have taught a few classes in the shop, and notice that I take extra care with my appearance when I am preparing to teach. Last week, after class had ended, I was briefly alone in the shop to lock up. As I child, I may have dreamed of such a thing.

I walked to my eye check-up last week and walked part of the way back; it was sunny and she used the drops, so I ended up on the bus for those reasons. It was a total of about 5 km, on foot. It was a cold winter day.

Those hot tubs in the forest? I’ve made a few trips back in which I’ve learned that my skin is not quite up it yet. The lesions are creeping back, and I remain hopeful that it’s not an emerging drug allergy.

Screen Shot 2015-02-17 at 7.47.40 AM


From → Uncategorized

Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: